Over a century ago, in 1878, Simon van Dijk started out as a blacksmith. Four generations later, that company has flourished and is now a steel structure company that uses modern machinery and whose products can be found all over the world.
From father to son
The company originated in ’s-Gravenzande (Westland). Simon van Dijk started as a blacksmith applying shoe horses, welding tools and manufacturing greenhouse structures and warehouses. His son Jan van Dijk expanded the extivities and opened a shop with hardware, electrical appliances and householdappliances.
The sons of Jan divided the 3 departments and Joris van Dijk became in charge of the blacksmith’s shop and the steel structures.
In 1976 Jan jr. joined his father and uncle. Jan jr. seperated the shop from the workshop and concentrate on the latter.
It was than that the company changed its name from J. van Dijk & sons to Dijkstaal and the company moved to a more useful warehouse.
Throughout the years the company expanded its activities, machinery, customers and personell.
Only 10 years later the company moved again. This time to the industrial area of ’s-Gravenzande. In the late nineties 2 computer-controlled machine-lines were acquired; a saw-drilling line and a punch-shearing line.
In 2001 The company moved once again. Nowadays the company is situated in Maassluis, close to Rotterdam and easy accessible by the A20 motorway.
The company now has a surface area of approximately 3.500m² at its disposal.